The Management Board is the highest authority of the Prize. It sets up the characteristics of the Prize and convenes, nominates and renews the members of the Jury and determines the basis of the announcement and the awarding of the prizes. It is composed of the following members:
- President of the Autonomous Government of Catalonia, who holds the Chairmanship.
ARTUR MAS i GAVARRÓ
- Department Head in charge of research, who holds the vice-chairmanship.
ANDREU MAS-COLELL, Minister of Economy and Knowlegment.
- Department Head in charge of the environment, who holds the second vice-chairmanship
LLUÍS RECODER i MIRALLES, Director of Twon and Country Planning and Sustainability
- President of Institute of Catalan Studies
- Director of the Marine Sciences Institute
- Director of the Department of Ecology of the Faculty of Biology of the University of Barcelona.
FRANCESC SABATER I COMAS
- Director of the Centre of Ecological Research and Applied Forestry.
- A person representing the university or academic community of Catalonia.
- A person representing the Catalan civil society with recognized merits in the field of ecology and environmental sciences.
- A person designated by Ramón Margalef's family.
RAMON MARGALEF i MIR
The Management Board will be assisted by a Technical Secretariat, which is the administrative body of the Prize and carries out the decisions of the Management Board. It ensures the appropriate diffusion of the annual announcement, gathers the candidatures, proposes the convening of the Jury, transmits the candidatures to the Jury, looks into the logistics of the meetings and prepares the minutes. The Technical Secretariat is composed by::
- JOHN CELECIA, Ph.D. Ex-Senior Specialist at UNESCO's Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Programme, Professor of Ecology & Sustainable Human Development.
- TERESA SALA , Presidential Department, Generalitat of Catalonia